A lot of people love buying their groceries at Walmart because it’s easy. Whatever is on your wish list, the there’s a good chance you’ll buy it while purchasing groceries, brand new socks, or the latest vacuum.
Unfortunately, all the convenience comes with a price. Going to Walmart is not anything short of an experience.
A lot of Walmart locations have moved to a system where the majority of check-out machines are self-checkouts. Therefore, if you’re planning to make a payment through cashiers, you’ll be facing a lengthy wait. However, for certain people it’s more convenient than carrying bags of groceries at the self-checkout counter, where the size of the bagging area is still much larger than the counter’s size for what must be checked.
If you’re among the millions of customers with been granted a Walmartwith a membership, there’s a simpler method: Scan & Go. This exclusive perk for members can make shopping the most enjoyable aspect of your shopping experience rather than the most annoying.
How to use Scan & Go
In essence, Scan & Go turns your smartphone into a mobile self-checkout machine. In lieu of scanning all items at once at the conclusion of your journey You can scan while you move. Take your shopping bags that are reusable and get everything scanned and packed just before reaching the check-out.
For you to begin with Scan & Go, there are a few items you’ll require:
- An WalmartPlus membership Scan & Get is a service only available only to WalmartPlus members.
- A smartphone with cameras: You’ll use your camera’s camera to scan barcodes that are on your products. (Make sure that your device is powered up so it won’t stop working during your shopping excursion!)
- It’s the Walmart app that has access to locations: Scan & Go is available in the Walmart mobile app. Check that the app has permission to access your location, so it can determine which store you’re at.
- An internet connection You’ll have for a connection to either your mobile data , or the wifi of the store.
- A debit or credit card that is linked with account Walmart accounts: You’ll pay through the app, so make certain you’ve linked to a account with a credit or debit/credit card into account Walmart Pay Account.
Alcohol and production can complicate issues
While Scan & Go can be amazing in reducing wasted time and stress but it also has several major flaws. For instance, alcohol and produce.
If you’re buying produce that’s already packaged, then you’re good. However, if you purchase anything which is priced by weight you’re not able to do this through this Scan & Go feature. Instead, it has to weigh at an automated self-checkout device.
Technically it is possible to utilize Scan & Go for the remaining portion of your order and then add the weighted produce at the end after you have completed the self-checkout, and use the scanner to scan your QR codes. In reality, this is likely to be a bit shaky. The best option is to finish your checkout on the Scan & Go order, and then make a second transaction to pay for the loose items.
In the same way, alcohol purchases generally aren’t scanned with Scan & Go due to age limitations. Like with fruit, it’s recommended to make an Scan & Go order, then buy any alcohol you want as another purchase.
Be sure to keep an eye on your purchase totals when you shop
Apart from the time-saving feature, Scan & Go has another benefit for people who are concerned about their financial situation The feature lets you view your spending totals in real-time as you shop. Don’t waste time guessing and rounding to determine if you’re in excess of the budget you set for your groceries. Instead, you can see your spending anytime by logging into your cart.
For customers with WalmartPlus, Scan & Go is an excellent perk that could make your Walmart shopping experience much less stressful, particularly when it is busy, such as at night or just before the holiday season. Although it has its negatives, the advantages definitely surpass the cons in my view.